Water pipe codes on house design dwgs???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looked at the plans for the house (built circa 1968) and these show original water pipe routes through the house and define pipes as hot TB,hot FA, cold FA, main TA....any ideas?

Sponsored Links
sorry mate, might be being an old thicko but what exactly are you after?

Have already posted a problem with hot water feed to my new thermostatic shower. Fortunately, I was presented with the original plans for my house when I moved in 6 mths ago and these show (red-penned) roughly where the hot and cold pipes were distributed around the house. For example: An arrow goes to a particular pipe with a description of say "hot TB"
I was hoping these letters meant something and would help me find out where the pipe was exactly and whether it was a feed or return etc.
Does this help? :confused:

Rimrogs said:
Looked at the plans for the house (built circa 1968) and these show original water pipe routes through the house and define pipes as hot TB,hot FA, cold FA, main TA....any ideas?

To below

from above

hot is probably hot water service (to the taps)

cold is probably cold water service (from the storage cistern)

Main is probably cold water main

Sponsored Links
This is just a guess, but might TB mean to B, and FA mean from A. In which case A might be the Attic or Airing Cupboard, and B the Bathroom or Basement?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back