water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a constant problem of temp control with my Aqualisa Aquastream. I think it is due to an imbalance in the water pressure between the hot and cold supply before it reaches the contained pump and thermostat. The Temp control lever is permanently well over to the left, on the cold mark to keep the shower cool enough.

The cold is drawn off the supply line to all bathroom taps /cistern direct ex water tank (in the loft of my Bungalow). The hot is also taken off a T join in the hot supply to the same destinations. - i.e. hot is coming from a T off the pressure release pipe out of the top of the hot tank. The top of H/W storage tank is about 7 feet below the base of the C/W storage tank.

Advice please.

Sponsored Links
I assume you know that the aquastream is NOT to be supplied from mains pressure cold water but from a C/W tank in the loft.

Your problem does sound like a supply pressure problem though. Bathroom taps are usually supplied direct from the mains pressure C/W pipe but I imagine that if your shower were incorrectly installed you would have difficulty keeping it hot not cool.

This may sound imoral but I would ask a plumber to take a look then if you wish to DIY, take his advice rather than employing him to do the work.

Andy
([email protected])

Could the hot tank be fed with mains cold water? This would increase the hot water pressure relative to the cold, if the cold is from a storage tank in the loft.

When you say the hot supply is taken from a tee in the 'pressure release pipe' does this pipe end at an open vent in the loft, over the cold water tank, or does it have a relief valve fitted above the T-off to your shower? If it's an open pipe, then you have a gravity fed hot water supply, which should work fine, provided the cold is also gravity fed. If your hot tank is supplied directly from the mains, then you might want to consider changing this to a gravity fed system. You will notice a drop in pressure at the bath and basin hot taps though, but your shower should work properly.

Of course, it's also possible that the thermostat cartridge in the shower is faulty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back