water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During recent heavy rains cellar under my house was flooded .Water was clean and about a foot deep.This is a house i have bought recently.I knew a lot of people in that area has pumps fitted in cellers.Our cellar was fine though there was sign of water in one area,I am thinking about fitting a pump as well.How to fit a pump and what type of pump would i need.Are they costly.Do i have to dig a trench in celler or are there any spacial containers available which i could burry in groung.Do they need special water proof cable and how they are connected to supply.

Sponsored Links
you want this

you may also be able to connect it to push fit pipe for a more permanent installation, and as the pump comes wth an rcd you just plug it in, and leave it on. (the float switch takes care of the rest)

as for fitting it i know its a pond, but see this

Sponsored Links
An important point when sump-pumping cellars etc is that the water will tend to pick up particles from the subsoil, which the pump will remove. the ground under the house will gradually be washed away, as mud, leaving a hole, which the house will settle into.

Therefore sumps are best dug, then lined with porous blocks or concrete, so that water can seep through without soil particles, and be pumped away clean.

If this is not possible, then a pond, sump or land drain can be dug away from the house to lower the local water table.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back