Water supply advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refurbing a 1950's house which is 50 meters from the road and mains water supply.
It's a 4 bed house with couple of en-suite, haven't decided on the central heating system yet.

The water feed pipe is 1/2 inch copper from road to house. The stopcock was siezed so have cut the pipe outside the house and fitted a temp tap. I need to connect up a new pipe, bring it into the property fit a stoptap with new water meter and then re-plumb the whole house.

We also have an annex that needs water about 40 meters further down the garden.

The feed pipe is showing 2.2 bar pressure at the house.

Is it best to connect the 1/2 inch supply pipe up to a new 20mm blue pipe and bring this into the house, if so is it better to have a longer length of blue pipe (I.e trace it back to the road perhaps 10 meters or so) or just connect it a couple of meters or so from the house?

Also will need the pipe to then leave the house (after the meter) to take it to the annex, again assume use 20mm blue pipe...

Don't really want to have to lay a completely new pipe to the road as it would be a fair old job..

Any practical advice would be helpful...

Sponsored Links
Speak to building control as you are extending the supply to a new building.
Also speak to water board and get them to inform you what pressure and flow they are providing you with at the main stopcock to the premises.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back