WB 24ri shutting down monthly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
In September had Worcestershire Bosch Greenstar 24Ri with a hot water tank intalled. It feeds 8 25 year old radiators using microbore.
It's an open Y system with no by pass (one radiator is always on).
Then once a month it cuts out - had WB in twice who changed the circuit board last time but it's gone again last night.
Can't think of any common environmental conditions but it seems to wait 4 weeks before failing like clockwork!

When it happens I'm left with a slow flashing light (more off than on) & a simple reset always restarts it.
Sometimes it fails while it's on & sometimes won't start in the morning so i assume it's gone off in the night when the timers off.

Background info...
One time we left it in the flashing state & the WB man was perplexed as the fault code wasn't in his book (Code 0E FSC lockout).
The bathroom radiator needs bleeding monthly (a teacups worth)
I'm fairly sure thats confined to that radiator as if i isolate both ends of that radiator we get no air appearing anywhere else.
Also when I had to take another radiator off got a lot of black in the drained off water and loads when I hosed the radiator out.
I think the power flush that was done by the installer has dislodged the stuff but not cleaned it out.
I was going to replace the bathroom radiator & clean out all the radiators when it get's warmer in case I messed up & we were left without heating.
I should really contact the installer - but 5 phone calls to look into the bathroom radiator that needed venting it just isn't worth it.
I was left with a leak after that visit.

Sorry for the long post but the background might help.
I'm just about to call WB so any ideas I can give to the next engineer that calls?

To be fair they have always responded quickly & the engineer seems competent to me. As an electronic engineer i have some sympathy in how difficult diagnosis can be but try explaining to the wife.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back