WBP plyboard over chipboard floorboards

Sponsored Links
I ended up laying the floor down with this adhesive, but it does not seem very rubbery. I have used one before ready mix and you could tell it was flexible before you layed.
Is this an April 1 wind up :rolleyes:

It does say on the screwfix website for plyboard overlays but not on the tub. Is this ok for plyboard ? http://www.screwfix.com/prods/79885...-Grout/No-Nonsense-Tile-Adhesive-15kg[/QUOTE]
I only ever buy quality branded adhesive & grout products, especially for use on suspended floors; you tend to get what you pay for with this stuff. It may be OK, I've no idea but, personally, I would not risk saving a few quid on a failure & being back to square one as it works out a whole lot more expensive in the long run.
It’s described as a polymer enhanced, cement-based adhesive but that in itself may not be enough. The website says OK for plywood floors so presumable it's highly polymer modified &, in theory a least, should be suitable. The risk of using budget adhesive was yours to take & it may be OK but maybe it won't; as I said I have no experience of using it.
Also I have got a bag of unibond grout. Do I need a flexible grout for plyboard ?
It’s absolutely essential you use flexible grout & get something of decent quality; the one you mention does not have a particularly good reputation & I doubt you will find any pro tillers using it.

I ended up laying the floor down with this adhesive, but it does not seem very rubbery. I have used one before ready mix and you could tell it was flexible before you layed. This has dried where i can see on the edges like chalky. It does say on the screwfix website for plyboard overlays but not on the tub. Is this ok for plyboard ?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/79885...-Grout/No-Nonsense-Tile-Adhesive-15kg[/QUOTE]

cheap ****...you have bought and used there...imo..
let us all know when you need advise on how to scrape adhesive of a wbp ply overboard.

I know, so stupid knew as well when using it, The tiles are all layed and stuck firm. Wont use ****e again though, Guessing the grout makes for a tigher,firmer,stronger hold as well ?

Sponsored Links
I’m afraid the grout won't help the tiles stick to the floor any better or make them stay there. Assuming you’ve laid the tiles using wide joint spacers (4-6mm); use a flexible, cement based wide joint grout but not white. If you don't use flexible, it will crack & start breaking away in a very short time.

Thanks. Would it be sensible to go over the whole of the crapboard floor with a sbr sealer before screwing the plyboard on to just as a extra precaution ?

Why do you need to seal the chipboard ? The tiles are being laid onto plyboard, which is layed on top of the chipboard.

Thanks. Would it be sensible to go over the whole of the crapboard floor with a sbr sealer before screwing the plyboard on to just as a extra precaution ?

Why do you need to seal the chipboard ? The tiles are being laid onto plyboard, which is layed on top of the chipboard.

Sorry to be blunt but why are you hijacking this post by dragging something up that’s no longer relevant to the OP, all that does is to confuse; we’ve gone way beyond that point already :rolleyes: FFS, its difficult enough getting through as it is without you dragging us back to the beginning, if you have a specific question about SBR sealer & where you should use it, make a new post & ask specific questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back