WC fitting - waste in the floor query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just removed my bathroom for refit. I have found that the WC waste is through the floor with its centre 9 inches from the wall.
Will any standard wc be able to fit this situation? Do i need to sorce a certain type of WC to suit?

Was buying a new suite tomorrow but want to be sure what i choose will fit.

Ta for the help.

Sponsored Links
any wc will fit with a 90 degree pan connector .
the only issue is you'll have to build a false wall etc behind the cistern or move the waste backwards due to your existing waste being to far foreward for a new wc to fit and be flush against the wall.

A swan necked pan connector often allows a pan to be moved a couple of inches closer to the wall without changing the soil pipe position, but not usually enough to fit a close coupled WC without building out the wall behind the cistern.

Moving the soil pipe may be relatively easy if it's a plastic pipe dropping through a wooden floor, or it may be a right royal pain in the proverbial if it's a clay pipe through a concrete floor, or there's a joist in exactly the wrong place.

Its a clay pipe dropping thru a concrete floor.

I had worked out moving the wall forward was an obvious get around but was looking for a eureka moment from someone in the know... thought there may be a toilet for this sort of installation? Maybe not then?

Sponsored Links
Try a swan neck or question mark shaped pan connector - it may do the trick.

All WCs in the USA and some in Amsterdam have the outlet in the foot of the pan. Very neat, and it might just be helpful.

Thanks mysteryman. Maybe worth a look about then to see if any available over here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back