We'd like to run a water supply to the shed

Roo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend is attempting to run a cold water supply from the house to his shed for a 8.5kw shower.

He's no plumber and neither am I but I've said I'd help him.

We'd preferably like to use a plastic pipe for various reasons.

It's around a 6metre run taking into account bends etc.

Are there any regs we should be aware of before we start(I am aware of part P on the electrics side)? ie do we have to notify anybody?

Does it need to be buried if so how deep?

Best size pipe to use?

We'll also be attempting to run a drain for the waste water so same questions for that too.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Roo

Sponsored Links
Why would you want a shower in your shed? :eek: In winter it could be subject to freezing. Water regs. require mdpe pipe to be buried between 750mm and 1150mm so as not to be affected by freezing conditions. Is this thread a wind up ? :evil:

Sorry not a wind up no :rolleyes:

The shed will be used as a pet grooming salon :LOL:

We did think about the freezing aspect so thought we could use some kind on lag?

Atleast we ow know tha it has to be buried by 1150mm so thank you.

Anything else we should be aware of?

When you say you'd prefer to use 'plastic pipe' what type of plastic pipe are you referring to?

Sponsored Links
All electric shower manufacturers state that their products cannot be installed in conditions where they are liable to freeze. Is this shed/salon going to be heated sufficiently? Hep2o pipe insulated at a depth of 750mm should be sufficient to run off a combi to a good quality thermistatically controlled mixer shower. Whatever make your combi is , give the manufacturers a ring to see what mixer shower they recommend in use with their combi:cool:

Blasphemous I've no idea alll i know is I've got plastic pipes all around my house and the same a my mates who wants the shower and we thought this would be easier around a small bend than tying to attempt a joint with a blow torch.

As to what type of plastic....... :confused:

Andy the mixer shower sounds a good idea we didn't think along those lines. Thank you

Probably a silly question but what about the grey water waste???.....are you connecting to foul water run? You can't just let it run into a storm drain unless you have a single pipe system.........i have seen cases where severn trent traced soap poweder back from a balencing lake and made owners rework the waste pipes........i know cause i had to do the work!

I think that I am right to say that if you are taking hot and cold supplies from the house they dont have to be 750mm deep IF they are instead insulated to WR standards. That would normally be in a dry duct though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back