weird plaster on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to plaster some walls,the original finish on the wall is smooth like glass,some weird kind of plaster,one room is grey and the other white,it looks like it has been glossed,but its not paint,its the actual finaish on the wall,any ideas what it may be,i was planning on scouring it up with a grinder then seal and glue,any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
not suree,hard to tell,its been on the house for at least ten years,its alot harder than plaster,job from hell lol

I`ve seen glass mirror tiles plastered over :eek: coated with PVA thick .left to dry, coated again thinner, next day and multi finish trowelled onto the still tacky glue.........T`was done by an old plasterer....I`ll let you make up your own mind ;)

Sponsored Links
i know someone who plastered over tiles,lol,still up,i wouldnt try that though.

well i got a grinder on it and roughed up,put 3.1 pva on,left to dry and multi finish tomorrow,

someone has done it before,the plaster was still on,but not very good,was put on the smooth finish,i think the previous job was not prepared very well,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back