Weird problem with my new TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's an LG 42” OLED. Bought in November last year. I was watching it this afternoon, normal terrestrial channels, all fine. I thought I’d watch something on my Fire TV cube and when I switched to HDMI 1 all I got was This:

I tried another HDMI socket, still the same. I thought the Fire TV cube had packed up. I took it upstairs and plugged it into the TV in the bedroom, all fine. Took the stick from upstairs and plugged that in downstairs and got the same picture so it was obviously something on the HDMI side of the set as normal TV was still fine.

I phoned up Richer sounds who directed me to LG helpline. Told them the symptoms, plugged it into another HDMI, still the same problem. They took some details, gave me a WhatsApp number for me to send them a movie of what was happening and was supposed to get a call back. I’m still waiting for that.

I tried my CCTV which is connected to HDMI 3 and that was working. Switched to HDMI 1 and that was now working. Swapped everything back, Fire TV cube to the LG TV and all good now.

Any ideas what happened?

Sponsored Links
So it's all working OK again? If it comes a cropper again I would be going at Richer Sounds for a callout/repair/replace under their guaranty. Technology is developed by humans ergo it has failures much like humans.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back