Went to service an oil boiler, backyard full of S$%T!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just a quick question to check and see if im being a pri madonna. Got a call from a guy saying his oil boiler was leaking and he wanted his boiler serviced. There were 3 problems with this job.

(1) The boiler house came right down tight on the top of the boiler so i couldnt get in to clean it out properly.

(2) The back yard drain was blocked up and the whole yard was covered in a scum which was i assume decomposed food and sewage!!!!

(3) The oil tank was empty so couldnt check if the bottom outlet was leaking.

Its a student house so i reckon they have tipped the tank and cracked the bottom outlet hence the oil leak. Couldnt really see any leaks around the boiler but i didnt feel about too much due to point 2 above.

I walked away from the job anyway. Did i do the right thing?? Would you charge for this???

Yours still finding his feet

Grill

Sponsored Links
If the oil tank was empty then how could you service and set up the boiler?

You should invoice for about £36 to covert he wasted journey and say you will complete the job when the tank has been filled ( and the yard cleared? )

As far as the boiler cover is concerned, after getting the £36 you will have to decide whether you should return or not.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back