Wet room - advice please from those that have been there

nec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking to finish the family bathroom off with a wet room shower area cos I do not want a door that has to be cleaned and endlessly sticks etc when the crud builds up.

I have come across the following which looks ideal (don't want a tray - sizes and colours are all wrong for the area) - would appreciate any advice from those that have used this or similar as to problems (if any)

On-The-Level Shower Tray Formers via http://www.aquatecnic.co.uk/3040/frames.php

Thanx in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi

i know what you mean about cleaning shower enclosures!!

We fitted a wet room 18 months ago and used this companies tanking kit. We didn't use a former as we built our own but the tanking kit was spot on and the help/service was second to none.

We found the liquid rubber went further than they said so we ended up with several coats just to be on the safe side.

I have used 2 other types of tanking kit the BAL and another which I can not remember the name but none came close in my opinion. The corner formers they do saved so much time and messing.

Rob

duxster said:
Hi

We didn't use a former as we built our own but the tanking kit was spot on and the help/service was second to none.

Rob

Thanks for that Rob - most helpful.

:?: What did you use to make your 'former' please - our 'forward thinking' 'builder' kindly left the bathroom floor sloping and I reckon I could make use of this 'natural' slope for a walk in.

You are obviuosly in a hard water area as well - do you run a water softenor?

Hi

Firstly we are in a soft water area, thank god!! We get no limescale buildup at all, the kettle is 4 years old and still like new inside!!

I think the easiest will be if I email you pictures of the bathroom and then explain what we did. What is you email address?

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back