Wet rot coniophora puteana

I persist with this for the sake of the curious DIY viewers who are following the thread.

LHL,
Why do you constantly second guess me? Why would i advise a course of action unless i knew from experience that it was the correct thing to do? I am giving you free professional advice, that back in the day, people paid good money for.

How would it be possible to trace mycelium that is concealed under the plaster without removing the plaster?

In the pic with the joist tails exposed one can see the plaster that was behind the rotten skirting board, and this greyish looking plaster goes down between the joist tails. Please knock off all that plaster including the plaster from where the skirting board was previously fixed. Use a hammer and chisel, or use a large screw driver as a chisel. Please do the same to the plaster higher up the recess where mycelium shows.

Its irrelevant if the plaster is sound, you are looking for strands of mycelium behind the plaster.

Sponsored Links
LHL,
Why do you constantly second guess me?

Yes, you are right, I am sorry. I should, of course, always, instantly and without question, do exactly what any internet stranger 5,000 miles away tells me to do, without ever hesitating, double-checking, verifying, asking supplementary questions or getting a second opinion.

If you have a generous heart, perhaps you will show and tell, for the sake of the thread's 1600 viewers, what happened next?

Many of those following a women posting on DIY issues, will, of course, be women - women who are often isolated, single with kids, & low incomes.

If you have a generous heart, perhaps you will show and tell, for the sake of the thread's 1600 viewers, what happened next?

Many of those following a women posting on DIY issues, will, of course, be women - women who are often isolated, single with kids, & low incomes.

What happened next was I got a roofer in to find the source of the leak in the roof that caused the damp that caused the mould spores. He removed a bucket or two of moss from the roof and tried to charge me £180, so ladies, before of cowboy con man roofers!

Sponsored Links
Update.

So, the roofer stuck a bit of tape across the crack on the roof wall, as a temporary fix.

I've left the wall to dry out.

I will get another roofer to do a permanent repair.

At the end of the summer I will replaster the bit where I hacked off the plaster.

That should fix it.

LHL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back