Wetroom requirements and 12v extractor costs

My comment was sarcasm because, as others have said, you do (did) not seem to realise the actual solution.

Sorry didn't realise the sarcasm, I wasn't the only one...

I already wrote about the isolator before your post? I did not say this is not a solution, just annoyed by adding retro damage to a newly finished building. Initial point was design preference, the latter point was about how solve and isolate. Perhaps I should have explained better.

Sponsored Links
It would, but if there were an isolator for the outside lights, you would not have to turn off the indoor lighting to work on the outside lighting.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having separate circuits, but there are simpler and cheaper ways of avoiding the problems you are thinking about.

Kind Regards, John

My omission here, I wanted to write

" A very practical reason is that if you had to work on lighting isolator due to an emergency in the evening..."

I'm not making it up, a guy who did electrics here before had loose connections and I had to remove the face plates to find out why lights were not turning on:eek:

I agree you don't need an MCB per light. That was just personal preference. The issue is the lack of an isolator.

Last edited:
My omission here, I wanted to write ... " A very practical reason is that if you had to work on lighting isolator due to an emergency in the evening..." ... I'm not making it up, a guy who did electrics here before had loose connections and I had to remove the face plates to find out why lights were not turning on:eek:
You may not be making it up, but that is an incredibly unlikley scenario - certainly not as likely as having to work on the indoor lighting itself (during the hours of darkness).
I agree you don't need an MCB per light. That was just personal preference. The issue is the lack of an isolator.
If you're serious about being concerned about the very improbable scenario you wrote about above then if they were on the same MCB, you would presumably have to have 'an isolator for the isolator', and then maybe 'an isolator for the isolator for the isolator' and ....:)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back