What are these called on interna; windows....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Sorry if this is a stupid question(s).
On some of my internal windows the sides/top is plastered square with just a window board at the bottom. These look to be recently done.
On a few of my other windows they have both sides panelled with, I presume, plwood and then painted over. These run in at an angle of about 45 degrees, the top is boarded too but is flat. I want to rip these board off and get them plastered so that theyre right angled to the wall (like the others). The thing is the windows have already been measured for new ones( not fitted yet). Does ripping these boards off make any difference to those measurements? Will I have to put timber on to make the aperture square and then plasterboard and then skim. I'm assuming when these boards are off it will be brickwork underneath. Can I just plaster on to the brickwork?
Ta
John

Sponsored Links
If I'm understanding this then the internal lining shouldn't have any effect on the size of the actual window itsself.
To have a square corner detail rather than the angled one you have will require a simple frame work of timber to mount your plasterboard onto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back