what are these called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am converting my shed from a flat roof to a pitched roof,frmaework is almost complete but before i put the tiles on I need to fix a board at the gable end to put the mortar between the board and the tiles ....my house has what looks like asbestos but if this is now banned what do I need.................or another option is a neighbor has tiles hanging over the roof tiles at the gable end,but not sure what these are called either,...................as you can see roofing is not my strongest point,but we are all still learning...............

Sponsored Links
I always known them as undercloak and I think they are now made of fibre and they are normally 135mm wide

You can still use these they are called asbestos strips and it is still used in many roofing structures. Must be different from the stuff they used years back.

Sponsored Links
JOHNBOY42 said:
I am converting my shed from a flat roof to a pitched roof,frmaework is almost complete but before i put the tiles on I need to fix a board at the gable end to put the mortar between the board and the tiles ....my house has what looks like asbestos but if this is now banned what do I need.................or another option is a neighbor has tiles hanging over the roof tiles at the gable end,but not sure what these are called either,...................as you can see roofing is not my strongest point,but we are all still learning...............

heeelllooo john boy 42 i am not shure what but something about your post looks familiar :D :D :D :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back