What are you having for breakfast?

Sponsored Links
too runny for my taste; i prefer more bounce in the texture

I love them runny. And well scrambled.

My sister doesn't stir hers at all. I told her she'd made an omelette. That didn't please her :LOL:

Having tried many different ways, for years I have followed Delia on scrambled eggs, who in turn says she follows Mr Escoffier. Heat not too high, a big knob of butter. And never stop scrambling them! Mine look pretty much like these.

View attachment 339363
That’s exactly what I follow. I remember watching that and her saying that’s how she was taught in the Ritz, I believe. In our house, we call them 'Eggs a lá Delia'!

Sponsored Links
I love them runny. And well scrambled.
Mine this morning.

IMG_1344.jpeg

Excuse quality of video - hard to film holding phone in one hand, jug in the other!

Mine this morning. Excuse quality of video - hard to film holding phone in one hand, jug in the other!

Lovely!

I hadn't realised they could be so good in the microwave. About thirty years ago I saw James Whale, of all people, showing people how to make scrambled eggs in the microwave, on an afternoon TV show. But mine didn't come out very well, so I went back to frying pan. I've never tried a jug, though.

I hadn't realised they could be so good in the microwave.

I’ve always used jug and microwave. Probably takes around 1:30 - 1:50 but after the first minute I stir them, then again at 1:20 and then again every 10 seconds on full power. Depends on how many eggs and how cold they are to start with. Those in the video had a knob of butter and some grated Parmesan.

Nothing out of the normal after a 13 hour fast, broke by a small glass of Kombucha.
20240411_071152.jpg

Scrambled eggs with Parmesan on wholemeal seeded bread, topped with Jubilee vine tomatoes. I especially bought some Jubilee's this week with my shopping as I’ve de-seeded one of them and I’m taking the seeds over my allotment later to pot them up in seed compost to grow on my plot this season.

IMG_6309.jpeg

Go easy on the butter mate. :ROFLMAO:
It's under the egg.
I got the sausages in B&M the other day, they were reduced to 10p, so I picked up a packet. As I was going round the store I had a thought, I'll just go back and get the rest of those sausages, at that price I can feed them to the dog. They were all gone, maybe someone else had the same idea?

I got the sausages in B&M the other day, they were reduced to 10p, so I picked up a packet. As I was going round the store I had a thought, I'll just go back and get the rest of those sausages, at that price I can feed them to the dog.

If we spot something like cheap sausages, too many for instant use, we would cook them, then freeze them for future use.

Sponsored Links
Back