What do I need to do next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been replacing 25yr old microbore with 15mm copper following a leaky manifold.

With help from the people here and a few weeks of practice soldering in the garage I am feeling pretty smug when I look at my handywork. Not 100% professional but it is all is pretty neat, secure and the rads all get hot.

I realise there will be residues of flux etc in the new pipework so I flushed the system with running water for about 15 mins before filling.

My question is about the next steps. Is it to run the heating for a couple of weeks, drain then refill with inhibitor, or should I be doing some additional task?

Not sure if it is a pertinent point but my boiler is a Baxi 105e.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev,

Any recommendations for the cleaner, will Fernox be okay?

After I run it for a couple of weeks with the cleaner in will flushing via the filling loop suffice?

Sponsored Links
Turn your heating up all the way to melt the flux, drain down and add fernox x100 inhibitor. One bottle is enough for most heating systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back