what do you think of this DNO situation

Going back to the OP, we would either disconnect the supply and deal with it as an emergency to only restore supply with the recommended Ze of reduce the main fuse size and fit a temporary RCD until we could correct the situation.
That sounds sensible, reasonable and responsible - and, I imagine, what most people would 'expect', quite apart from any considerations of regulations and obligations.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
I see the OP is in Hartlepool so the DNO with be Northern power grid, the same as me.

Last time I had a TN-S with a high Ze, I think it was a similar reading to the OPs, I rang it in as an emergency, and the DNO turned up and converted the supply to TN-C-S and bonded the sheath of the incommer.

Privatisation was a wonderful thing, wasn't it.

Just as with railways, water and gas it has worked so well that I can't believe they've waited this long to do it on roads.

westie. I dont now how long that reg has been in situ or whether it has been in existance in another form in previous documents, but all supplies were once new. If so and that reg has been around in some form for a long period then as Johnw2 says, there is a duty to maintain the earth provided.

I always thought that they only had duty to maintain the earth if they originally provided one, (or took to provide one at a later date to one premises and then automatically had to maintain any other premises fed off the same sub)
Westie or one of the other DNO lads will Know better though

Matt

Sponsored Links
This general quote may apply:

General adequacy of electrical equipment

3.—(1) Generators, distributors and meter operators shall ensure that their equipment is—
(a)sufficient for the purposes for and the circumstances in which it is used; and .
(b)so constructed, installed, protected (both electrically and mechanically), used and maintained as to prevent danger, interference with or interruption of supply, so far as is reasonably practicable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back