What Gas certificates do I need when I sell my house?

Sponsored Links
With the risk of receiving another slating I believe so. Most firm of lawyers have conveyancing teams that purely deal with property transactions. I have always employed a firm that charges a set fee for conveyancing that includes all the necessary questions, legal matters et al. I have never received extra charges for the twoing and throwing of sometimes unimportant (to me not the buyer) questions.

If it is a set fee for the whole process from start to the moment you got the money in the bank, methinks most of them would not be too insistent on doing unnecessary paperwork. Part of the problems is that a housesale will often end up on the desk of the greenest trainee-assistant-junior-associate, with a freshly printed degree making her think she is one of the cleverest lawyers ever seen in the country, knowing all there is to know about law. The very fact that a lot of them ask for irrelevant documents just shows how low the profession has sunk.

Hey it's just another stealth tax, You know it, and I know it.

Sponsored Links
Hey it's just another stealth tax...
Let's see: it was dreamed up by the infamous 2-jag, it involves filling out forms and paying money, it has absolutely no use whatsoever.
You know what? I think you may be right. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back