What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I was making a sausage casserole tonight for Mrs Mottie and her mother and when I turned the main oven on, all the downstairs sockets went off. I reset the breaker, tried the oven again and the breaker popped again. I had to take the handle off of the casserole pot lid to get it in the top oven - that was working fine. I suspect it must be the element but I don't think I’m going to bother fixing it as we are getting a new one in about 6 weeks time and I should be able to get by using the top oven, our combined oven/microwave and the air fryer.

Been helping the out-laws with sorting out the contents of their house. They are moving to a bungalow down the road.

Downsizing, so loads of stuff to be sold, given away, charity-shopped and lugged off to the tip.

I'm gob-smacked how much stuff a modest 3 bed semi contains and there's still a fair amount left to sort!

Exchanged yesterday and will complete next Friday.

Very different process to what we did 25 years ago. Everything online which is a pain for them and procedures different. They are told what the buyers don't want (eg fixed cupboard or wardrobe) and they have to remove them and get rid, otherwise the new owners can charge them to get rid of it.

When we bought, lots of stuff was left behind, like kids toys in the garden and a loft full of old doors chopped in half and the odd bit of furniture.

My sister's house, bought 30 years ago, had the gas meter switched off, the gas fire was missing and the pipe not sealed off. Light fittings were missing and sockets and switches, although new, were attached to old rubber cable. She was told they had the place rewired.

Been helping the out-laws with sorting out the contents of their house. They are moving to a bungalow down the road.

Downsizing, so loads of stuff to be sold, given away, charity-shopped and lugged off to the tip.

I'm gob-smacked how much stuff a modest 3 bed semi contains and there's still a fair amount left to sort!

Exchanged yesterday and will complete next Friday.

Very different process to what we did 25 years ago. Everything online which is a pain for them and procedures different. They are told what the buyers don't want (eg fixed cupboard or wardrobe) and they have to remove them and get rid, otherwise the new owners can charge them to get rid of it.

When we bought, lots of stuff was left behind, like kids toys in the garden and a loft full of old doors chopped in half and the odd bit of furniture.

My sister's house, bought 30 years ago, had the gas meter switched off, the gas fire was missing and the pipe not sealed off. Light fittings were missing and sockets and switches, although new, were attached to old rubber cable. She was told they had the place rewired.

I bought my house more or less fully furnished, but it was all old stuff. Some of it good, like G Plan furniture that I sold. Gave some stuff to charity. Had to take a load to the tip. But still have a few things that have proven useful like a massive wardrobe and some other bits.

Today I have been working on a garden project. I am knackered. Now time to sink some beers!

Sponsored Links
When I bought our house the previous owner left much furniture and Kitchen utensils. Some we still have; only item he really took away was the fridge- I bought a second-hand one for a tenner which we sold 12 months later for £25.

crystal ball>

Guisborough.Is that private site or one of the clubs

It's a private site, limited to 5 caravans, a now friend of ours, after me using the site for decades. Late last year, he upgraded the pitches to fully serviced pitches. It's a massive rambling place, large field set aside for the caravans, with miles of walking without leaving the place, out the back. At the moment we are the only ones there, even the owner is absent. The only people we see, are horse owners, tending their horses during the day - there are a lot of horses stabled here.

crystal ball>​

It's a private site, limited to 5 caravans, a now friend of ours, after me using the site for decades. Late last year, he upgraded the pitches to fully serviced pitches. It's a massive rambling place, large field set aside for the caravans, with miles of walking without leaving the place, out the back. At the moment we are the only ones there, even the owner is absent. The only people we see, are horse owners, tending their horses during the day - there are a lot of horses stabled here.

Have you got a link, sounds like our sort of site

Sponsored Links
Back