What have you been doing today?

My coffee machine descaler liquid arrived today - my Sage Nespresso machine had begun the countdown a few days ago and I had just 3 coffees left before it would shut down. I descaled the coffee machine, used the old mixture to then descale the kettle, run it through the coffee machine again, tipped it into the kettle and descaled that again. I then tipped it into the basin in the downstairs loo and descaled the chrome plug and surround, then let it drain into the Saniflo and then finally flushed it away after 20 minutes. Mrs Mottie said I reminded her of the McDonalds advert. This one.

Sponsored Links
Just got back from the plot of Mott. Picked tomorrow’s breakfast. I’ll be having poached eggs on seeded wholemeal bread, topped with asparagus.

IMG_1349.jpeg

I was being watched by this fella too.

IMG_1350.jpeg

Sir looks like you may not be the first to nibble the asparagus.

Mighty fine it looks though. It it weren't cold and raining all the time a harbinger of spring with the king of vegetables.

I had antibiotics and all they did was upset my stomach. I believe unless you have specific tests, doctors don't know whether a chest infection is bacterial or viral. Antibiotics will only treat the bacterial version, I believe.

I had a cough for weeks - mostly when lay down which was a bit of a bugger when trying to get some sleep, but seems to have gone now. Still some nasty tasting stuff coming up from my lungs if I lie down, but after lying for a bit it stops and no more for the rest of the day. Almost like my lungs need a once daily lie down to clear out remaining fluid/mucus in them. It's a lot better than it was, but it's a long process to gradually get back to normal. Something going on in my nose too.Had chest x-ray earlier in week to check progress, not phoned gp for results yet. Slowly improving, at least the night sweats gone now. Suppose it's yet another downside of getting older.

Bit of an update.

Chest infection is still there, but greatly reduced and still seems to be improving. Hardly anything. Chest x-ray I had recently showed, something/shadows? in the middle of both lungs. They arranged a CT scan for me this morning.

Much Googling and it appears an infection/pneumonia can appear as a shadow. The other possibility doesn't bear thinking about. Got to wait a week for CT results. To say I'm sh*tting myself is putting it mildly.

Sponsored Links
Bit of an update.

Chest infection is still there, but greatly reduced and still seems to be improving. Hardly anything. Chest x-ray I had recently showed, something/shadows? in the middle of both lungs. They arranged a CT scan for me this morning.

Much Googling and it appears an infection/pneumonia can appear as a shadow. The other possibility doesn't bear thinking about. Got to wait a week for CT results. To say I'm sh*tting myself is putting it mildly.
Hopefully it’s not what you fear.

Struggling to get on my Chase app. Won't load properly.

Anybody else?
OK.

Spoken to Chase and they advised me to go into settings and call up the Chase app. Then tap "Force Stop".

That sorted the issue.

The funny thing was, as he was talking me through the process, I was relaying what I could see on my screen.

When I tapped force stop, I relayed the warning that came up "The app might misbehave".

"It's already misbehaving!", the Chase guy said.

Got the MiL staying until tomorrow, gone really downhill last 2 weeks with her dementia but going into a home for a couple of weeks respite on Saturday while we sort something more permanent out. We also have the grandson here today too. I took him out for a walk with the dog and we go across a bridge over a river. We always take something to drop in on one side and run across the road to the other side to see who's won. Today we took mushrooms. Anyway, today while we were standing on the railings waiting for two mushrooms to appear, his bloody trainer fell off and dropped into the river. Nobody was about so I had to tie the dog to the railings, take him halfway down to the bank, get a stick and I just about got it before the current took it out of my reach. It was then I noticed that I was on a very steep, slippery muddy bank. As I tried to go back up the bank, I lost my footing and slid into the water up to my shins. I had to crawl up the bank to get back to him and the dog. I got my feet wet and my jeans covered in mud. How I laughed :rolleyes: His only worry was that he thought he was going to have to hop all the way home. Of course I got it in the ear from Mrs Mottie who said I should have been more careful!

IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpeg

Got the MiL staying tonight and we are having F&C. I’m just waiting for my loan application to be authorised!

You can get F&C to eat in at the former Harry Ramsden building for less than yours. Cooked in beef dripping as well!

Includes a pot of tea. But bread and butter is extra these days.

1712849664391.png

1712849716337.png

1712849928947.png

You can get F&C to eat in at the former Harry Ramsden building for less than yours. Cooked in beef dripping as well!

Includes a pot of tea. But bread and butter is extra these days.

View attachment 339864

View attachment 339865
View attachment 339866
Our regular one has just had a full refit so I expect prices to have risen again. I’ll find out in about an hours time. The MiL just wants a chip sandwich though so just one medium and one large cod and a regular portion of chips (more than enough for two) should do.

Sponsored Links
Back