What have you bought today?

If you've paid to stay there, that is very poor. Name and shame.
Gonville hotel. I also mugged myself off too. Our meal and drinks came to £171 which I charged to our room. I left a £20 tip in cash on the table when I left the restaurant. Settled my bill this morning and found they had added £17.10 to it - 10% service charge on food and drink but that was my own fault for not noticing it on the menu. I hate automatically added service charges - it’s not like you can serve yourself, they have to serve you what you are buying. I’m waiting for the day when shops do it as well!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Save your tears, bumpkin. Where did I say I thought "nothing" of spending £65 on a shirt? I actually got a bargain as it was £95 before the Black Friday discount I got. So good a price, I bought another! Most shirts from Gant cost that. They fit well, they are comfortable, they are well made and they look nice. I get years of wear out of them so that’s good value in my book.

On the other hand, yes, I do think £25 to park overnight in a place that we are spending over £400 to sleep and eat in is "a bit of a cheek".

Anyway, this is a 'what have you bought' thread. Feel free to join in, in line with the thread title. If you don’t agree with the prices of what other people have bought, feel free to start your own thread about it. (y)

Last edited:
During the early hours, I bought a black friday Crucial SSD drive to have go at swapping out the HDD in my older spare, and quite battered laptop. It is 'adequate' much of the time, but sometimes slows to a crawl - I'm hoping the SSD will reinvigorate it cheaply. I also ordered a USB to SATA adaptor, and downloaded the Crucial software to make the transfer from internal HDD, to the SSD. 500Gb £32.99, delivered. Cheapest I could find, of a known make.

During the early hours, I bought a black friday Crucial SSD drive to have go at swapping out the HDD in my older spare, and quite battered laptop. It is 'adequate' much of the time, but sometimes slows to a crawl - I'm hoping the SSD will reinvigorate it cheaply. I also ordered a USB to SATA adaptor, and downloaded the Crucial software to make the transfer from internal HDD, to the SSD. 500Gb £32.99, delivered. Cheapest I could find, of a known make.
I changed the old HDD in my PC to a Samsung SSD a year or two ago. The difference was amazing.

As we had to go to the big city to pay the £2 coins in, called at the Clarks shop, came out with pair of loafers in the sale £49, pair of slippers £50, less 33% retiree discount £66.43 total.

A Balaclava full face with eye slot & long neck for winter cycling £2.65
I have a silk one that I wear under my crash helmet along with a pair of silk gloves that I wear inside my normal gloves when I'm on my motorbike in bitterly cold weather. They make a world of difference!

Nobody I know follows the new laws on waste. If you generate waste as a tradesperson, you must take it away and dispose of it in the correct place (and make sure you have applied for a waste-carriers licence).

Nobody I know follows the new laws on waste. If you generate waste as a tradesperson, you must take it away and dispose of it in the correct place (and make sure you have applied for a waste-carriers licence).
? Did you put this in the wrong thread?

Sponsored Links
Back