What have you bought today?

"I'll put that back!"
And you got all huffy about this?
Customers can be as rude, if not ruder than staff. In a supermarket the other day a shopper clicked their fingers at an already busy member of staff, saying "you, come here I need you". ****ing cheeky cow. I would have said something, but as it was a female and of a different colour, I would most likely been accused of being some sort of " 'ist". The member of staff was also coloured, maybe a cultural thing? The customer is not always right.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes I quite rightly got 'huffy' about the treatment I received. I was not rude or disrespectful to anyone in the shop. The item was clearly on display for people to look at/examine with no barriers or signs saying people should not touch. I very carefully lifted the item off the shelf without any difficulty or danger of damaging anything else. The lady was standing next to me talking with another customer and clearly saw me begin to lift it down as I had been reading the description on the shelf label and telling my wife what functions it had. I even said, in a normal clear voice, to my wife that I might buy it and the assistant would have heard me because she was closer to me than my wife.
If she had been polite in asking me to hand it to her then I would probably have handed it over with the request to buy it. She treated me as though she thought I couldn't afford it. You never judge people on their clothing. If I had been wearing a suit with shirt & tie I suspect I may have been treated differently, though maybe I wouldn't.

I bought a shirt from Gant today for £66.50 in their 30% off sale. The same shirt that Mrs Mottie bought for me last Thursday for £95 that I’ve not even unwrapped, let alone worn. She's taking it back tomorrow to get a full refund!

Sponsored Links
Just 2L of milk and it was a 'distress purchase'. I was planning to collect milk and maybe extras tomorrow, but made my self a coffee at 7pm and found the milk I was using, had begun to turn - despite a BBE with 3 days to run. I'm quite sensitive to milk on the turn. So I decided I might as well go get a fresh 2L and take the dog along for a bit of a walk, partially on the bus. It's a 30 minute service in the evening, so I was expecting to have to wait a while, but the buses there and back each showed up within minutes. She loves riding on buses or cars.

I left the dog tied up to a bench seat whilst I went in, safe in the knowledge that she would bark if anyone approached her, whist I nipped in the COOP. She was barking at something, before even got to the milk at the back of the store, then I heard a second dog barking back at her and so decided from her tone, she was fine - just having a chat with a another passing dog.

Just 2L of milk and it was a 'distress purchase'. I was planning to collect milk and maybe extras tomorrow, but made my self a coffee at 7pm and found the milk I was using, had begun to turn - despite a BBE with 3 days to run. I'm quite sensitive to milk on the turn. So I decided I might as well go get a fresh 2L and take the dog along for a bit of a walk, partially on the bus. It's a 30 minute service in the evening, so I was expecting to have to wait a while, but the buses there and back each showed up within minutes. She loves riding on buses or cars.

I left the dog tied up to a bench seat whilst I went in, safe in the knowledge that she would bark if anyone approached her, whist I nipped in the COOP. She was barking at something, before even got to the milk at the back of the store, then I heard a second dog barking back at her and so decided from her tone, she was fine - just having a chat with a another passing dog.

Glad it all worked out in the end Harry. Sorry about the milk.

What is this witchcraft of which you speak?
Live bus times. Are you winding me up? Pretty sure my app worked when I was in the Lake District. It’s everywhere these days - there was one I used in Jersey this year. Very handy. Google transit is another - tells you actual times of busses and trains too.

9F092703-8E49-491B-B7E9-BC332992B624.pngE1B4F1B5-C464-4D7E-A7B5-2020A6054D90.png

Some LED strip lighting for under the cabinets in the kitchen as I’m fed up replacing the 12v halogen bulbs in the 20 year old lights. They must be in a union - one out, all out (well, almost!)

Do you not have one of those apps on your phone that tells you when the bus is coming?

Yep and I make frequent use of it too. It shows where I am on a map, where the bus stops are. If I then click on a stop I can select a bus from a list, see when it was due, when it will turn up, even where it is live on the map. Another bus companies app doesn't quite perform as well, their server sometimes doesn't respond.

Thing is, a 30 minute service means an average wait of 15 minutes and I don't mind a wait of that long, besides - it wouldn't help much on the return trip, it turns up, when it turns up - wait in shop, or at the stop.

4 rolls Black rubbish bags, 3 rolls black rubble bags, 6 blue rolls. Screwfix, 84 quid.
I was telling the wife just the other day that I'm starting to get seriously cheesed off when I'm on a job and the electrician and plumber turn up, oo can I borrow a bin bag, can I borrow some blue roll, if I'm not around they just leave crap everywhere for the customer to sort out.

4 rolls Black rubbish bags, 3 rolls black rubble bags, 6 blue rolls. Screwfix, 84 quid.
I was telling the wife just the other day that I'm starting to get seriously cheesed off when I'm on a job and the electrician and plumber turn up, oo can I borrow a bin bag, can I borrow some blue roll, if I'm not around they just leave crap everywhere for the customer to sort out.

The one thing I am noted for is my tidiness when I have finished a job, (or at the end of each day if it's a long one).
Something my dad drilled into me when I started working and, (in the case of working in someone's home), something my mum taught me to do properly. Don't just brush stuff into a pile and stick in a bin/bag. quick wipe of surrounding surfaces first and then vacuum up any dust. Remove your rubbish from the site, don't leave for the homeowner to get rid of. This kind of ethos got me a lot of recommendations for more work.

Sponsored Links
Back