What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A Silentnight electric foot warmer.

Very poor.

It does an amazing job of heating up the carpet.....but not my feet.

Not me but mrs Mottie. She went up the Royal Albert Hall tonight to see 10cc with 3 mates. She bought a round of drinks. One Diet Coke, one soda and lime, two plastic beakers of wine. £55.20! I said you must be mad she said she doesn’t know how much drinks cost!

I think I'd rather go thirsty!
Just looked the drinks price list up. Apparently the plastic beakers of rosé were £19.50 each plus the two soft drinks, plus a £2 contribution to the restoration fund plus a 12.5% service charge - they only put them on the counter! Mrs Mottie only had the Diet Coke. Whenever she goes out, she sticks some money on her Monzo card as she doesn’t like giving her debit or credit cards over in pubs etc. She stuck £50 on it last night and obviously, it got rejected so she had to use her debit card anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just looked the drinks price list up. Apparently the plastic beakers of rosé were £19.50 each plus the two soft drinks, plus a £2 contribution to the restoration fund plus a 12.5% service charge - they only put them on the counter!

This sort of shoite is spun as "the economy is booming" too................ :rolleyes:

Was the gig any good though?

This sort of shoite is spun as "the economy is booming" too................ :rolleyes:

Was the gig any good though?
Not particularly. She hates it when established bands just play mainly their new stuff. Said they were in their eighties and one of them only came on for one song and he had to be helped on and had headphones in. Sounds like a pension top-up gig!

Last edited:
It can't fail to be good!

10cc are legends.

Strawberry Studios (where they recorded "I'm not in love") is only a few miles away from where we live.

The Studio's secretary Kathy Redfern was made famous by providing the voice for "Be quiet, big boys don't cry".

It was originally spoken into the mic by Lol Creme, but he wasn't happy with it.

However, when Kathy came into the studio to announce a phone call, Lol realised her voice was what he was looking for, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Just bought some beetroot, cucumber and cauliflower seeds from Lidl. 29p a packet and that’s a regular price, not a special or promotion price so they’re about a tenth of what I’d pay elsewhere.

Lidl freshly baked bread. It’s the best. Oats and honey loaf this morning. (y)

Have you had Lidl

Low GI Multiseed Cob?​

It's quite different, but very popular. It was my dad's fave

Sponsored Links
Back