what is the point....?

Sponsored Links
They're no good if you want to go playing away from home...

Apparently :LOL:

I rejoice in the anonymity of my current plate; albeit that it's a 58 and they seem a bit thin on the ground!

I think personalised plates are great, They express what type of person you are and I wouldn't part with mine (TW ERP) for all the tea in china! :D

Totaly agree, mine is WAN K 3R.
But for some reason, my wife won't travel with me......... :cry:

Sponsored Links
I agree with the title..I just cant see the point, does it make the car more special?..does the owner get in and think to him/herself 'this is my car, its Got my initials'..are we sposed to judge the driver as someone special?

What is the point in spending literally thousands or a plate?..half of them dont make anysense anyway..and so what if its your initials..noone else knows..

Try asking someone why they had one..and youll get 'well you know..its you know..like..you know mine, like, you know.

A good one would be MMTS 123 ( More Money Than Sense)...

The ones that kill me are when people actually think '3''s are the letter 'E'...V's are bits of an 'N'...'G' is a 6 etc...what a load of 80llox!

Its a touch of the monogrammed tie syndrome IMO

Then again, they are personal to some people fair enough..the bottom line is its their hard earned..they are entitled to spend it how they like

And for those considering it..its cheaper to change your name by deed pole than to but a plate in most cases.

1 know you don't l1ke them, as a waste of money,?, anyway, got a mr GRUMP1 go1n cheap :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But for some reason, my wife won't travel with me

She has my sympathy

Was that a little dig......... :LOL: .....I was only joking with Tim.

Personally I think such number plates are fun, it would be a sad World if we all thought the same.

Now trainspotting, don't get me started on that............. :confused:

="freddymercurystwin";p="1119248Thought that was quite cool. :)

some actually are.

the majority however are a pathetic attempt at res3mbl1ng something vaguely similar to a part of the own3r5 m1ddl3 n4m3.

as for those god AWFUL graphics i'm seeing on cars............ :eek:

Woman round our way has M40 COW

I have one on my car. It cost £250. Hardly bank breaking stuff.

I like it. It is purely a vanity thing. I spend a lot of time in my car, so I thought why not.

I don't go cruising down maccy Ds either.

I also have a little plastic animal on the dash board. Is that personalisng my car? Does that upset you aswell? (It's a hippo, but I don't think it is entirely relevant to the discussion)

I've had a 5 character private plate for about 10 years. I have considered buying another. I bought it because I like to be different. Simple as that.

Different to what, every other car on my street has a "private plate" soon it will be different to have an ordinary plate, I will have to go private to blend in with the crowd soon, might get a Tribal Tatt to completely blend in

Crystal, do you live in Essex by any chance?

What I don't get is the boneheads that drive around in 'Chelmsford tractors'. You know the sort, he fancies himself in his black Mistubishi pick-up, with chrome side steps, 30 inch wheels, spot lights and the word 'warrior' emblazoned down the sides.
The nearest they ever get to being used as a pick-up is to bring the groceries home from Lidl. Who do they think they are, Colt Seviours from the 70s TV programme The Fall Guy??
Get yourself a decent car FFS, not a truck!
Gay or what?

I couldn't afford a personalised plate for my car, so I have changed my name by deed-pole to V267 YXP :LOL:

What I don't get is the boneheads that drive around in 'Chelmsford tractors'. You know the sort, he fancies himself in his black Mistubishi pick-up, with chrome side steps, 30 inch wheels, spot lights and the word 'warrior' emblazoned down the sides.
The nearest they ever get to being used as a pick-up is to bring the groceries home from Lidl. Who do they think they are, Colt Seviours from the 70s TV programme The Fall Guy??
Gay or what?

Sounds to me like you are jealous.

I'm not following how you have come to the conclusion that pick up's are only driven by homoexuals?

Oh, and isn't the phrase 'Chelsea tractor'?

Gay or what?

Sounds to me like you are jealous.

I'm not following how you have come to the conclusion that pick up's are only driven by homoexuals?

Oh, and isn't the phrase 'Chelsea tractor'?

Yes, jealous as hell!

'Gay or what' = just an expression - not factually or statistically accurate.

You miss the point re. 'Chelsea tractor' A Chelsea tractor is a smart 4X4 (eg. Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne) driven by people who inhabit the smarter areas of London and other UK areas.
A 'Chelmsford tractor' is a much more down-market version (eg. Mitsubishi truck), driven by Essex wide-boys and plastering company owners. The point is, they drive a pick-up truck that never picks anything up, when for the same money they could have a decent car.

Sponsored Links
Back