What is the warranty period

:) No as far as I am concerned you just cant legally bring a boiler in from Greece & fit it here , unless it was designated to be fitted in the U.K , for a start it probably would'nt be WRAS approved , would not come with english insrtuctions , Benchmark log book e.c.t , J/s Reno boilers are for use in Spain ,
Italy , Ireland , Czech Republic , & u.k , Ravenheats can be pretty much fitted any where provided , they come with the correct paperwork , & make ref ' to any national regs that are in force . how do I know because it comes written on the box the boiler comes in . AT the time of my illegal (?) installation , spain was not a designated country for biasi boilers (from the U.K) ,or biasi were exporting to Spain .

Sponsored Links
The only reason a UK manufacturer will say dont fit their boilers overseas is that they cannot provide warrantee repairs.

I am happy to accept Greek installation instructions because I have a Greek customer who will translate them for me if required.

There is no law I know of to prevent me fitting the Greek boiler in the UK.

Tony

I wonder if the HSE will apply to the courts for extradition warrants.

Dawn raids by Interpol & CIA on Spanish holiday homes - boilers ripped from their walls and secretly flown to unofficial detention camps...

Trouble with Southern Europe is that it's bloody cold there in winter 'cos they haven't quite got it together to actually heat their homes properly.

There probably is , translating instructions from Greek to English , would not suffice , the instructions would need to refer to the U.K'S national standards , if we all went around taking boilers around Europe , fitting them at random chaos would ensue , I take your point about me fitting boilers in Spain , no one checks up on you however it could cause probs , if Spain adopt some type of gas notification scheme , with hindsight I should not have done it , no excuses !

Sponsored Links
With foresight or hindsight no one will bother!

If the over zealous CORGI and HSE in the UK could not get people to notify boilers or complete Benchmarks in the UK then no chance in Spain !

My mate in France took me to one of his expat Brit friends and he had no air vent for his conv flued oil boiler. Neither 2008 nor 2009 in spite of me explaining the dangers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back