Viessmann or Worcester Bosch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We're looking at having a new boiler fitted & switching to a combi. We've got 2 acceptable quotes and the only real difference is the type of boiler.

One quote has a Worcester Bosch 30CDi and the other is a Viessmann Vitodens 100. Both give us a 5 year warranty & the Viessmann gives us a 10 year warranty on the heat exchange.

So, would people have strong feelings for one over the other?

Sponsored Links
I would fit the Worcester 30CDi in this instance.

The 100 series combis have been a car crash, although the 100 Compact heat only is a reliable simple boiler.

Granted, the 100W combi has been reworked in November but the earlier ones were just very disappointing.

NB: Worcester warrant their heat exchangers for 10 yrs too.

Avoid the W-Bosch. They are 5 years out of date with poor control systems. The Viessmann with weather compensation is far superior.

Look at:
http://www.avantaplus.co.uk

Look at a the Dutch Broag Avantaplus 35C or 39C combi. Near 17 litres/min flowrate on the 39C. The 39C is £917 inc VAT, that is very well priced for a 40kW boiler. Cheaper elsewhere.
http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/c.../Central Heating Boilers/Broag Remeha Boilers

http://www.centurionhbs.co.uk/shop/productdetail.asp?ID=2457&sectID=401&catID=403&parentID=&sort=

Look at the combi options pages 17 to 21. The outside senors etc, are extra.http://www.avantaplus.com/docs/Issue%205%20-Avanta%20Schematics%20Booklet.pdf

Have a Magnaclean on the return to the boiler. That will prevent any blocking up of the tubes in the heat exchanger.

The Broag, has a 5 year guarantee. They use primarily industry standard components and little plastic with Honeywell brass hydrobocks. The Broags are better quality than Vaillant and much cheaper. They are a well priced
quality boilers having a superb control system with integrated outside weather compensation and OpenTherm protocol control. Buy the outside weather temperature sensor and use weather compensation - great comfort conditions and economy. You will not look back.

The best price/performance around.

Well, you asked about strong feelings.

Big Burner can't get to sleep at night for thinking about Broag Avantas. The Broag is a cheap boiler but it is of reasonable quality for the price.

The Worcester is a premium boiler and is also worth the money. If you can't afford the Worcester, the Broag is a good bet.

Weather Compensation isn't a panacea for all, and most of our customers think the complexity of operation is not worth the savings. I usually get at least one call from weather comp customers asking for help, post installation. People don't remember the detail, they just want a reliable heating system.

Sponsored Links
BB is back with his cut and paste I see. Must be released from respite again :LOL:

Well, you asked about strong feelings.

Big Burner can't get to sleep at night for thinking about Broag Avantas. The Broag is a cheap boiler but it is of reasonable quality for the price.

The Worcester is a premium boiler

Absolute TRIPE!!! Read what It write, it is 100% objective. I know what I am on about. I don't do drains or change bathrooms.

To the OP. Take not ice of the cowboys here.

I would have to say WB over Viessman or the remeha avantaplus spammed on this site by bigdrivel. :rolleyes:

Before the bickering escalates, please could everyone remember that the OP is here asking an honest question, and is hoping to get an honest answer!

To the OP - this subject is likely to generate some of the strongest opinions you'll ever see on the forum, and everyone has their own idea of what makes the 'best' boiler.

Before the bickering escalates, please could everyone remember that the OP is here asking an honest question, and is hoping to get an honest answer!

To the OP - this subject is likely to generate some of the strongest opinions you'll ever see on the forum, and everyone has their own idea of what makes the 'best' boiler.

Well said, mogget.

Q: Worcester Bosch CDi or Viesmann 100
A: Worcester in this instance

Her got good objective advice from me. A top quality weather compensated boiler. The best price/performance on the market. And he should avoid the outdated, overpriced W-Bosch range, until they get some decent models on the market. I believe soon, but not here yet.

So does he want the opinion of qualified heating engineers, or will he be overwhelmed with bigbummers cut and paste technique.

Thats very true.

Very similar to " what van is the best" or "what car is the best". Both examples, have and will be causing disagreement for ever and a day.

OP asking "what boiler to buy" have no idea who's, who, and unfortunately there are far to many pretend experts who have the gift of writing convincing garbage.

Would any one buy a car on the basis that Joeinternet said it was the best ?
There are hundreds of boilers to choose from and each one comes with their unique little problems , and banter between installers is endless.

People are still been bombarded with carp advice dished out by unqualified fools, but when installers bring this to light they are accused of bickering :confused:

Her got good objective advice from me. .
The problem is they didn't ask for objective advice. They have 2 qoutes and are obviously happy with both, but they need help coming to a decision. So the question is, worcester CDi or viesmann 100?
Seeing as you know nothing about either of them I suggest you keep quiet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back