What is this cable ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story but I have this huge coil of cable in my garden shed which I need to get rid of it, but as I have no idea what it is can't stick it on eBay to sell it!!

Does anyone know specifically what the cable is for (assume earth) and have a brief spec, length etc so I can sell it and tell me roughly what it is worth, or even better if anyone wants to buy it, give me a shout!!

Any help appreciated :LOL:

Robert

Sponsored Links
Me first me first
Where are you & it's worth no more than a tenner

Looks like 16.0mm² earth (but it's hard to size cable from a photo)

I'll give you £12 for it.

Sponsored Links
I might go to £13 but you have to say where you are.

Look at the sides of the reel to see if there are any codes or numbers on it.

If not, give us a pic of the cable against a measure so we can see how thick it is.

Is there just one turn on the reel (nearly empty) or can you see how many?

Christmas is coming, I might festoon it round the ceiling with sprigs of holly and misteltoe.

It's brand new, so a full coil (although not sure how much is on a coil?)

The labels on the sides have long washed off.

The cables is 10mm externally, the internal copper is 8mm.

I am located in Pontypridd, CF37 :)

Robert

Collection only I'm afraid, just weighed it and its 75kg!

So how much is it *really* worth?

Robert

I reckon from your measurements it is 25.0mm², which sells for £130 per 50M drum.

I may just have to cut a small length off and take it somewhere to get it identified to be sure, then I just have to work out what length it is!

Anyone seriously interested in buying it?

How much does 75kg of copper sell for?

Robert

Depends where you take it, but about £4.50 per KG for stripped copper, bit less if its still insulated. (at the scrap man)

£250 - £300 maybe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back