What Kw shower can I use??

Ok guys I am blind. It's an RCD box and the fuse has B40 on it which i'm guessing is 40amp. It's an upstairs ensuite and the cable comes down from the ceiling so again i'm just guessing that it is under the loft insulation. The insulation around the cables is just the standard grey as far as I can tell. We have a triton T70i in the main bathroom which has the same fuse B40, can anyone tell me what kw that is.

Sponsored Links
Ok guys I am blind. It's an RCD box and the fuse has B40 on it which i'm guessing is 40amp.
It is.

Do you have an Electrical Installation Certificate showing the size of the cable? It needs to be able to carry 40A allowing for how it's installed, so under a layer of loft insulation might be a problem.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/4.3.6.htm

We have a triton T70i in the main bathroom which has the same fuse B40, can anyone tell me what kw that is.
Triton T70i.

Sponsored Links
ok im a bit concerned. just spoke to guy next door who has lived there from it was built and he was told that if he wants two showers one must come off the hot water supply as two electric are a no no. Why the hell do I have two? They have never run at the same time since we have lived there, probably just as well eh.

whathesaidsmiley.gif

And as for
mikeyd said:
but I find it hard to say anything on this forum without the resident bully sticking his/her nose in.
What you call bullying is ( in this case ) valid comment on un-helpful postings from you who by your own postings show a lack of knowledge and hence a lack of ability to offer constructive help to the people seeking help.

Bernardgreen: OK, point taken.
In my defence though, If you read the whole thread from top to toe: I noticed the OP mentioned that their "fuse box" was only 12 years old. I guessed (correctly as it turns out) that it might be a modern consumer unit and asked the OP to clarify.
Then after replying to another post light-heartedly (So as not to upset anyone), where I was trying to suggest that the markings on MCB's RCBO's etc would not be obvious to someone who knows nothing about electrics, I got called names, and after throwing my toys out of the pram I apologised.

So - Am I allowed back in? I promise to sit at the back and only post when it's on topic... OOooppps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back