What lesson can be learnt from this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a Ravenheat CS85T but the DHW went luke warm. Spent about £50.00 and decided to scrap it.

Bought a WB 37CDi and the corgi bods fitted it today. Water was still luke warm!!!

Just discovered that the cold water was flowing back thru a shower mixer into the DHW and that was why the water was tepid!

Over to you Agile OFFS!

Sponsored Links
Err!! put a check valve on hot supply to mixer showers, taps and decks.

I don't know, give us a clue Vinno. Is it don't spend fifty quid on a Ravelukewarm boiler :?:

:LOL: :LOL: ;)

Vinno said:
Just discovered that the cold water was flowing back thru a shower mixer into the DHW and that was why the water was tepid

Perhaps if the dhw temp was measured at the boiler outlet, instead of at the point of delivery this common problem would have been picked up earlier?

Whoever fitted it obviously didn't know how to cure the problem either :eek:

Sponsored Links
Would be interesting to see the benchmark on the FHW side.

Or was it the installer who found the fault :?:

Showers are meant to be fitted with or have integral non return valves. Few do !

You had a blocked plate heat exchanger and cleaned that a while ago. That was blocked because your system was dirty!

A simple test for cross coupling is to turn off the cold water inlet to the boiler and see if flow continues from a hot tap.

You only spent £50 on your previous boiler. We charge £84 to diagnose faults on systems within our primary service area. Would be an extra £20 in MK postcodes though.

That might have been better value for you. But I usually give free advice on this web site although recent developments might cause me to consider reviewing that.

Tony Glazier

I'm trying to be phillisophical about this but you must agree it was an expensive lesson?

Yes I agree, but you won't make this mistake again :eek: We all never stop learning or making silly errors in day to day life :LOL:

You had a blocked plate heat exchanger and cleaned that a while ago. That was blocked because your system was dirty!

Why rake up this filth? or are you just trying to muddy the water or spread filth about me?

what made you lose faith in your boiler so quickly? A good repair engineer would of found it, maybe not straight away tho.

It was a Ravenheat and their rep is poor. I also have a 2 year old and a 6 week old and she insists on bathing them daily. Do you want the Raver?.

When people call me to ask about fitting a new boiler I ask them whats wrong with the old one and offer to come and repair it for them.

Thats obviously only when its a viable repair and not if its a Sonya Duval or leaking Ideal Response.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back