What paper work should come with a new hot water cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just had a new hot water cylinder fitted (the old one was leaking).
As best I can tell the new one is working fine.
Plumber says the cylinder comes with a 10 year warranty, but presumably I need paperwork to confirm when it was fitted, and that it was fitted and commissioned ok.
So what docs should the plumber be supplying me with to confirm this?
e.g. There is a form on the side of the cylinder that hasn't been filled in - does this need to be completed for the warranty to be valid? Is there anything else I need?

Sponsored Links
Make and model of the cylinder?

Ultimately though, all you really need to do is call the manufacturer and ask them what they would want to see if there is a warranty call. I would presume the minimum would be for it to be registered with them.

Also if I come to sell the property in the future do I need any certificates/docs from the plumber to confirm it's been fitted correctly, etc.
No, nothing at all.

Sponsored Links
no paperwork come with them at all it will be a case of him keeping original receipt or giving you a photo copy of it but its highly unlikely anything will happen to the cylinder for decades

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back