what part do i need..for my leaky loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My loo has just devloped a leak..it seems really easy to fix but i have no idea of the name of the part i need. Basicly it seems a pipe gets rammed into the back of the toilet and is held water tight by some sort of rubber device.. i guess that has gone so i need to get another..but i no idea what you call them..also will i need to get some kind of sealant..

have a look at my pics if this is unclear

Sponsored Links
Flushcone, Screwfix part number 74071-92. Or just remove the plastic flush pipe, prise out the old one & take it to the merchants to get a replacement.

hows that cheaper than screwfix at 89p.

you don't need sealant on a flushcone it seals itself.
smiley_128.gif

Sponsored Links
From the photo, it looks like the flush pipe is entering the cone at a angle, the flush pipe has been cut to short, it not entering the cone horizontal, use sealant as a last resort, I dought there is anything wrong with the cone.

why do i wanna pay £5 they are only round the corner and customer can have he's toilet back working not 3 days later.

and you know for certain they are just around the corner from the customer's house? It doesnt take 3 days. Its next day delivery[/quote]

any descent plumber will go to a plumbers merchant not buy from fleebay when the merchants stock them.

I'd never buy any boiler spares or plumbing items from a merchant again. I buy in bulk and use cheap suppliers for boiler spares. I save fortunes

what would i want loads of stock sitting that might never get used.

saves fortunes, and parts brought the customer pays the bill when job completed.

i keep mine in my garage and sell it on ebay. And the stuff i use myself, I charge the customer merchant price- so i make on the gear as well as the job. I also sell to local plumbers round my area and im cheaper than all the suppliers

ok if you can be bothered, i can't be arsed.
glad to see the back of copper pipe etc when i get home.
i like it as a job thats it not a hobby.

fair enough. i only set the ebay business up in february and since then, i cant believe how cheap things are when you say 'im a merchant'. Also buying in bulk saves lots aswell. I couldnt believe it.

Fot example, part 1 ball valves are what? £4-5 from merchants?
well im getting them for £1.25 each inc vat and del.

Just think of the mark up the shops are making from us?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back