What Plumbing /Heating Job do you not doing

B

Bodd

Hello All

Just wondering what job do you just not like or you feel for all the hassle its just not worth what you can charge.

I hate Clearing WC's and blocked drains. But most of all I hear other Plumbers say they hate replacing taps.

Bod

Sponsored Links
All jobs are equally good, some just cost more than others if you want me to do them.

Sponsored Links
I dont like replacing taps.

Because I quote a fixed price over the phone, thats usually a loss leader.

Unfortunately no qualifications are required for that job so its also one that anyone can do so to be competitive I undercharge.

Even apparently simple jobs like replacing a stop tap should be easy but they can also be a job from hell if the street/external stopcock is not working or inaccessible.

Tony

generally sidestep: bathrooms, taps, waste work, toilet repairs, shower repairs etc..
never unblocked a waste pipe in my life, not about to start.

My standard quote to replace bath taps is just £75, with a few provisos like a panel the owner can remove and a combi boiler or other easy water off!

Basin taps £48!

Stopcock £48.

But, I do very few of either. Even my quote is higher than the east Europeans or the on the dole plumbers who will do many of those jobs for £35.

Tony

Clearing solidified p1sh from urinal traps is no fun. The worst has to be grease traps though. Thank god I only do heating and ventilation these days:cool:

Even apparently simple jobs like replacing a stop tap should be easy but they can also be a job from hell if the street/external stopcock is not working or inaccessible.

Tony
done this live once due to rip out team ripped it out on live side
call can u go fix this little leak :rolleyes:

hate installs of complete system or full bathrooms
don`t mind the odd swap or adjustment but whole install never did get the speed to do a good job

Edit love doing real emergencies like the stop tap though or breaking through wall to get to pipes it really apeals to my distructive nature
and give me a small rush

Its not advertising unless that is a hope/expectation of attracting business.

Although I see those prices as cheap in the London marketplace they are above the prices that most people calling for quotes expect to pay.

I cannot remember fitting any taps for a new customer for at least two years!

Tony

Anything that I need to freeze pipes, especially flats/offices, scares the sh1t out of me having no control when the ice plug melts and I hear the water start to flow, done it in the past but I normally decline or walk away nowadays.

Anything that I need to freeze pipes, especially flats/offices, scares the s**t out of me having no control when the ice plug melts and I hear the water start to flow, done it in the past but I normally decline or walk away nowadays.

but their is sactfaction when control is lost and you regain it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back