What Plumbing /Heating Job do you not doing

My standard quote to replace bath taps is just £75, with a few provisos like a panel the owner can remove and a combi boiler or other easy water off!

Basin taps £48!

Stopcock £48.

But, I do very few of either. Even my quote is higher than the east Europeans or the on the dole plumbers who will do many of those jobs for £35.

Tony

Can you come and fit our taps please,I'd like you to supply and fit basin/baths taps to all our jobs.....however I dont want carp taps so Pegler Performa's will be fine. ;)

Sponsored Links
My standard quote to replace bath taps is just £75, with a few provisos like a panel the owner can remove and a combi boiler or other easy water off!

Basin taps £48

Please can you come & fit me a deck mixer , i have a cast iron bath whereby original taps have been set in with red lead , also the bath is fitted with an external lead overflow , bath is very old , the type that is almost vertical @ tap end.

:p

generally sidestep: bathrooms, taps, waste work, toilet repairs, shower repairs etc..
never unblocked a waste pipe in my life, not about to start.

These are bread and butter jobs for us, minimum 1st hour and parts charge to rewasher a tap, change a ballvalve, change a wc syphon, leaking wc connection.... easy money

Always steer clear of-
Gas fire installs, domestic cooker repairs, domestic tumble dryers, saniflos,indian restaurants & ideal eyesores..

Sponsored Links
generally sidestep: bathrooms, taps, waste work, toilet repairs, shower repairs etc..
never unblocked a waste pipe in my life, not about to start.

These are bread and butter jobs for us, minimum 1st hour and parts charge to rewasher a tap, change a ballvalve, change a wc syphon, leaking wc connection.... easy money

yeh its each to their own i guess. Its just not work I cba with. I'll do the odd tap replacement or syphon change for a regular customer but thats as far as it goes. Its just a case I don't enjoy it and never really done it as part of my job. I'll never claim to be a plumber. actually i have no idea what my job title is :unsure:

mickyg";p="2047060 said:

yeh its each to their own i guess. Its just not work I cba with. I'll do the odd tap replacement or syphon change for a regular customer but thats as far as it goes. Its just a case I don't enjoy it and never really done it as part of my job. I'll never claim to be a plumber. actually i have no idea what my job title is :unsure:

Come to think of it I cant remember the last time I did this type of job for a private customer. We look after a few letting agents so we get tied in with all the gas/plumbing work... Def wouldn`t call myself a plumber, in fact i`m not keen on plumbing... Never do bathroom suites, only for family or myself...

Jesus, when I thought about it there is more that I will try to avoid than will do.... Nothing to do with bathrooms and I'm no longer athletic enough to fit full systems and be competitive but I will always put in a price that makes it worth my time.. There are lots of guys fitting for next to nowt, why should I cut my own throat?

I love the jobs that take more head scratching and thought, the kind of thing that most installers don't have the patience for so I get a fair few referrals from local installers.

any thing to do with showers ,,to time consuming for the end end profit ,,and don't even go to the jobs ,,, from people who drive Toyota's and have 10 or more uncles

All jobs are equally good, some just cost more than others if you want me to do them.

That's exactly what i say. In fact there is no such thing as a jop too small, it's normally a bill too big!

Having said that, I am not interested in drain or WC clearing:

I once dropped my jacket down a drain, and I fished it out. My mate couldn't beleive I was going to wear it agin! I said "of course I'm not, but my sarnies are in the pocket"

Always steer clear of-
Gas fire installs,

Chuck 'em my way, please. :D

I think all of the above demonstrates that as we go on in our working life, we gravitate towards the type of work we prefer, and do it by dropping our least favoured activities - and we are all different, thank God.

Nothing like a right mature pongy pea green soup drain to finish the day off.

I hate shower repairs, but love blocked toilets and drains.

I would clear drains all day long. No problem.

I love it so much that last week I fell down a manhole, first time in 20 years, luckily it was only 3' deep. But I did have to wash myself down with a hose.

Up to my knees in $hit. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh how I laughed

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back