What should i do infront of our patio door with carpet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As you can see from the picture below I need some advice on what would the best way to end the new carpet we are fitting next week infront of this door (Please note cement was still wet when taking this pic and I am fixing the tiles as well).

IMAG0260 by chrisb1357, on Flickr[/img

I have a strip of UPVC which I will fix to the floor as we did not want to take carpet upto the door. I was then going to get a long door bar that go's from carpet to tile/hard floor which will overlap the upvc.

[img]http://www.kirk.co.za/custpics/items/111/231/720/ACGCST_1.jpg

What other options do I have that will be better than above.

1, Could I just lay gripper infront of door as we are using felt back gripper and not pin type and then tuck the carpet under the upvc strip?

2, Or have no gripper infront of door and tuck under UPVC?

]

Sponsored Links
Would I have an issue if I just tucked it under the UPVC strip I am putting down under the door

What about putting a piece of hardwood along it. Say 6-8 out. Then fit v
Carpet to that.

Sponsored Links
I would fit the PVC strip securely and then use the method that aesthetically pleases you best, all the options you have suggested will work, the PVC strips are not that strong so any flex with people walking on it or hoovers hitting it will likely cause damaged at some point.

Cheers,

As you can see I have fixed the holes and removed all the lose cement which came up right near the edge of the upvc door.

Only issue I have is all the patch work of cement seems to have dried fine apart from a small bit abour 4" wide near the centre of the door. It has a wet look to it but when I feel the cement its rock hard and not sure why?

We are on first floor flat with balconey so its not from the ground and its not been raining

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back