what size armoured cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Guys lets calm down, this is the DIY forum not the greenpeace one. Solar came here for some general advice, not a slanging match, how and what he uses his electricity for is his business and not ours. We are all welcome to an opinion but please lets tone it down and not spoil the forum.

Anyway solar I'm not an electrician so cant provide any concrete advice but heres my take on the situation.

The load you propose is indeed quite high and would lead me to believe that your best route is to get a new separate mains supply installed by the DNO, but can you describe in more detail how you currently propose to supply the power as you talk about an existing supply somewhere and I'm a little confused. Is this supply currently used for anything and if so what?

As you also mention adding to this load with a summer house kitted out with a hottub then theres a lot of equipment going on the end of the cable and a new supply will probably be better and possibly cheaper in the long run.

All the best
Dan

Sponsored Links
Whoa! Guys lets calm down, this is the DIY forum not the greenpeace one.
It is up to all of us to oppose selfish and destructive madness like his whenever and wherever we can. It is a civic and moral duty.

Solar came here for some general advice, not a slanging match,
What he got was perfectly justified criticism of behaviour which is going to kill innocent people.

how and what he uses his electricity for is his business and not ours.
That is not true.

We are all welcome to an opinion but please lets tone it down and not spoil the forum.
Just how outrageous does somebody's behaviour have to be before your opinion becomes one of such contempt that you express it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back