What to do with this Canopy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I would like to be able to tile with slate this canopy roof, can anyone explain the procedure to doing this, i would like it to be waterproof inside the canopy so that i can put some downlights inside..

Thanks

View media item 21652

Sponsored Links
Change from those tiles to slates :?: . They will be far too big and look :mad: . Remove existing tiles and battens - fit new high performance membrane and re batten the re tile :?: that can be done . Downlights ? suggest low voltage with the tranny inside the house . Check with the sparks forum . (There is a guy there called Arnold Laine - he knows about trannies ;))

Hi

Do you know if you have a cavity tray above the canopy? If not you should get one put in, otherwise penetrating rainwater will run down the internal face of the external brickwork and could play havoc with the electrics!

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back