What to put at the end of a bath ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to have a crack at fitting a new bathroom in our house. Baths are slightly short from wall to wall and i will be left with about 10cm ish space at the end.

So in your bathroom if you have a bath thats shorter than the lengh of the wall what do you have to fill in this space ?

At the moment we have a bit of a wooden shelf type thing in which honestly looks terrible. Just looking for some ideas.

Sponsored Links
box up to the ceiling and create some small inset shelves in the boxing (or one tall inset with some clear plastic shelves and LED lights)

You probably have enough depth to flush in a bathroom telly if you're feeling chav.

Thanks for the advice. I suggested something like that to the Mrs but she wasnt keen but not sure if she understood what i ment.

Sponsored Links
I flushed my bath up to one end, so i had at least 2 good sides to seal. So all the space (approx. 120mm) was at the far end, where the toilet soil pipe and all other waste pipes run so boxed in over that, to about 300mm above the bath, and topped it off with a varnished pine shelf, removable for access to the isolators.
Quite happy with that.

Why not just fit a bath of the right length to fill the gap. They come in all lengths and widths, thousands online or look in the brouchers in the stores.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back