What type of boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a bit of a dilemma, I am thinking of up dating my old central heating system (30 year old glow worm back boiler).I know for a fact that a combi boiler is out of the question due to poor mains water pressure which gets worse in the winter. Would it be possible just to exchange my old back boiler for a new condensing back boiler? If so could anyone suggest a reliable model? Many thanks Jim.

Sponsored Links
There is only one condensing boiler I'm aware of for inserting in the old space, and its a Baxi.

Probably not that good then!

And another downside is that the new Baxi back boiler only has an electric fire on the front, not a gas one. Everyone has different opinions, but I don't like electric fires.

You could just have a new condensing heat-only boiler, and keep your hw cylinder and loft tanks. It would be wall mounted in a different location. Then you can have whatever fire you want to replace the one on the back boiler.

What's wrong with your back boiler?

Thanks for the replys, Right no electric fire as i don't like them so looks like a normal boiler then, i hear the worcester/bocsh are good boilers. What about the Greenstar 40CDi Regular?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys, Right no electric fire as i don't like them so looks like a normal boiler then, i hear the worcester/bocsh are good boilers. What about the Greenstar 40CDi Regular?

Do you really need a 40kw Heat only boiler? :rolleyes:
Mr. W.

Well i have a three storey house and would prefer a boiler that did the job with ease rather than one that just about does the job, money is not a object really well to a certain degree.

if money not realy object then go for solar system with unvented clinder
with solar electrics you might make money in long run

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back