What Type of Wall Plug and Availability?

SBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I would like to bolt a bracket to a brick wall (gable end) using M8 X 75mm Hex Head Coach Screws. What size Nylon wall plugs should I use and where would I obtain them from?
Thank you
Barry

Sponsored Links
Hi I have tried both your suggestions, unfortunately the blue plugs (M10) and other makes of large plugs which can accomodates an M8 coach plug seem to have a max length of 50mm and not the 75mm which I require
Barry

Sponsored Links
the blue plugs (M10) and other makes of large plugs which can accomodates an M8 coach plug seem to have a max length of 50mm and not the 75mm which I require
Then double plug and trim the excess which is left sticking out with a Stanley knife. Plugs generally come in only one length except for frame fixings which are supplied with full-length sleeves

• Thanks
Reactions: SBW
Thanks to the above posters for replying.
JobAndKnock, why didn't I think of that?
Cheers
Barry

Plugs are 50mm in length because that's all they need to be. Either knock the plug in further, or let the fixing go through the extra 25mm or whatever.

Incidentally, your 75mm screw won't go 75mm into the wall. Some of it sticks out to hold the bracket!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back