What wood to use for Rear fence ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am currently replaceing 3 posts and built myself a gate using 1.8m gravel board and tomorro going to buy more gravel boards to errect a stockade style fence, the one currently fitted is rotting and has 3 rails running along 3 posts and are arround 133iches long i need to replace them and there is a wickes close buy what wood would be best for this would kiln dried be best or sawn treated timber be best ?

here is the fence i am replacing

Wickes C16 Kiln Dried Timber has been stress graded to C16 specification for structural applications. It is ideal for joist work and small roof extensions.-------------this is from the kiln dried wood
http://www.wickes.co.uk/kiln-dried-treated-regular-45x70mmx36m/invt/190165/

Thanks Dean

Sponsored Links
go to your wood yard you will get better quality wood accurate advice and the center post required on that span :D

thanks for that, i know i removed it as replacing, would the wood have to be kilin dried or treated ? can imagine so and not sure were any timber yards are will have to have boot of car right open and dont want to drive to far

Dean

you need treated
the max i suspect will be 3m or 118" in the sheds
in a wood yard you can get many many differtent lengths not just the 2 or 3 in the sheds allowing better use with less waste

Sponsored Links
google or even use old fashioned yellow pages and search.

fencing suppliers
timber merchants
or sawmills

diy stores are generally ****e useless for that kind of stuff and they over charge for it too.

good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back