What's a reasonable time to discharge 8 cube of concrete?

Sponsored Links
pump hire £180 seems very reasonable. Is that for half a day?

how do you clean out the pipes after placement? They must be very heavy when full.

How many people were needed?

pump hire £180 seems very reasonable. Is that for half a day?

how do you clean out the pipes after placement? They must be very heavy when full.

How many people were needed?
The pump is charged by the size of the pour. The wagon in the image can mix 11m³. It is discharged and pumped in a matter of minutes. We have never payed above £220 for a pour.

The guys pump out all they can with the lorry then send down a soft foam ball to clean out the rest. There are two of them that come with the pump and they do all the setting up, cleaning and humping. Yes the pipes are extremely heavy when full.

I just wandered round (on my own) and tamped the surface with my 'crucifix' when the conc reached the top of my pegs. Sooo easy for me.

My two oppos were elsewhere today.

when I think of my creaking back and my damaged shoulder, and all my other aches and pains, that would be £180 well spent. You don't need an extra labourer or a dumper or anything.

p.s.

what distance could they run the pipe? My old mum's house needs a shed slab at the bottom of the garden.

Sponsored Links
You don't need an extra labourer or a dumper or anything.
No nothing. The pump monkeys do all the humping. And, if it is pegged they will tamp the top. You just need to be there to pay them.

what distance could they run the pipe? My old mum's house needs a shed slab at the bottom of the garden.
They can pump a few hundred metres, but you would need to inform them of the distance in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back