What's a resonable price for a combi boiler service?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I previously paid £70 or thereabouts for a combi-boiler service in London. I looked for someone to do it this year via Rated People and I got someone who quoted £100. Is that reasonable or is it on the expensive side?

Sponsored Links
£50 about the goin rate here in Yorkshire, so £70 for down south sounds fair but £100 taking the mick

Sponsored Links
I'd advise you to devote more of your energy finding out what your service includes rather than how cheap you can get it for. Otherwise why bother at all?

I'd advise you to devote more of your energy finding out what your service includes rather than how cheap you can get it for. Otherwise why bother at all?
It's a fair point but I had this boiler for 6 years and another boiler before it for 7. The service normally includes cleaning out the filters, checking the burner, pressures, testing for gas leak. I may have missed something but as far as I can tell the service was pretty standard. Everyone charged the same fee so far so a 25% increase is a bit steep. My exclusive plumber told me what I'll get for my money but he wasn't offering to do any extras

Yukster";p="2989480 said:
It's a fair point but I had this boiler for 6 years and another boiler before it for 7. The service normally includes cleaning out the filters, checking the burner, pressures, testing for gas leak. I may have missed something but as far as I can tell the service has been pretty standard. Everyone charged the same fee give or take a few bob so far, so a 25% increase is a bit steep. My exclusive plumber told me what I'll get for my money but he wasn't offering to do any extras

Depends on the boiler and its condition.

We're £70+VAT in London.
It's 6 years old Vaillant Eco Plus. It's in good nick, as far as i can tell. The PCB fault was the first problem I had with it since it was installed

Yukster";p="2989524 said:
Depends on the boiler and its condition.

We're £70+VAT in London.
It's a 6 years old Vaillant Eco Plus. It's in good nick, as far as i can tell. The PCB fault was the first problem I had with it since it was installed. btw, what does the service include?

With yours it is pretty much as you said - without the gas leak test though unless you ask for it.

Ideally the expansion vessel should be checked and after 6 years the seals could probably do with changing.

With yours it is pretty much as you said - without the gas leak test though unless you ask for it.

Ideally the expansion vessel should be checked and after 6 years the seals could probably do with changing.
So service with gas leak and expansion vessel check is £70 + vat. Seal change if needed is extra?

depends on what's included.. viessmann for example charge £140 and thats just the boiler.

if it includes review of the controls, bleed and balance rads, change batteries etc and offer ongoing support then £100+ vat is more like it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back