what's inside/outside the bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, hello I'm new to this, it's my first post.
I consider myself a competent DIYer taking great care to undertake good quality work to the correct specifications. The forum is an excellent source of expert knowledge and advise - but these days the more I read the more worried I become about doing any work myself!!

Anyway, my question is - what constitutes INSIDE/OUTSIDE the bathroom from the point of view lets say of installing FCU's for a shaver point or heated towel rail for example or the housing of appliances. I note that it's stated that FCU's should never be installed in the bathroom.

There are three areas in my bathroom for which I am interested to learn the status.
1) a large brick built cupboard enclosed with solid doors within zone 3 - contains FCU which once supplied immersion heater/central heating pump - now supplies boiler. Large enough for washing machine.

2) due to backstairs there is an under stairs cupboard accessed by solid door in zone 3 and separated by solid wall. Large enough for tumble dryer.

3) in toilet area (which is partly partitioned off) there's a void above false ceiling. Some of the ceiling within this area is zone 3 - above an area of zone 2 extending vertically for 2.25m and the rest of the ceiling is out of the zones. Anyway I'm thinking of the void above the ceiling which give access the the light circuit.

OK, are any for these acceptable locations for the 'new' installation of FCU's to supply any of the above mentioned equipment or appliances.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks for pointing me back to that. I've read that supplement at least twice - what an idiot!

Now I can relate it to my own questions I can see that it holds the answers.
Often the language of these documents makes me doubt that I've understood it.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back