What's the fastest way to dry paint?

ODB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wonder if any of you can save me from a bo11ocking of almighty proportions.

I've given the conservatory (tiled) floor it's second coat of (solvent based) gloss floor paint. It says it will take 24 hours to dry. Last coat was finished yesterday morning. At the moment you can walk about on it, but if you kneel on it you leave little imprints on the surface.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about putting some cupboards down as I'm sure they'll ruin/indent the surface. My missus is expecting this furniture to be back in place by 6.30pm as she is having a friend around she wants to impress.

None of you have any idea of the implications of failure. It is simply not an option. I would rather spend an eternity in the stinking ****pits of hell than the days of guilt and earbending I am in for if that furniture is not in.

I have 5 hours. HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I was thinking of maybe hairdrying it over and over to try to bake it. Any ideas?

Please...

Sponsored Links
fresh air and lots of it.

have you considered excavating for a new patio?

Right, patio doors are OPEN. This is good material, I can see the faint light of freedom at the end of the tunnel.

So the hairdryer thing I'm thinking of is pointless?

If you can get the conservatory doors open and then open another groundfloor window or door and get a thru draft you might be able to dry it quicker.Paint dries by the solvents in it disispating into the atmosphere, for that you need fresh air.

Sponsored Links
NEWSFLASH

Looks like I have temporary reprieve! The doors are still open but my missus' mate isn't coming over tonight.

Result.

As always, many many thanks for your help! This forum is a godsend!

You have probably slung it on to thick..be prepared for ripples in the finish.

And a lobbockin from the ol lady! :LOL:

Hi all

I wonder if any of you can save me from a bo11ocking of almighty proportions.

None of you have any idea of the implications of failure. It is simply not an option. I would rather spend an eternity in the stinking ****pits of hell than the days of guilt and earbending I am in for if that furniture is not in

i]

Lol, she cant be that bad, surely :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back