Whats this screw / bolt called? dropped it in the engine bay and need a replacement!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This bolt secures the fuel filter bracket, the bolt head is central to the thread (see pic), and the top part is used for the engine cover.
The problem is that when I was changing the fuel filter I dropped it in the engine bay and now cant find it! I made do with an ordinary bolt with the same thread - downside being the engine cover doesnt attach properly (because the top thread doesn't exist any more)

So I want to buy one of these bolts. Any idea what they're called? The bolt head is central in the main thread(see pic - you need a long socket to get to it)

1673715114844.png

Sponsored Links
It's just a stud. Get a long 8mm bolt and cut the head off it, or just use the bolt, get another stud, buy a length of threaded rod i.e. (Toolstation 61924) and cut a length off it.

Last edited:
It might actually be made like that, as a special. So the whole thing is one piece, forged like that. Not that it makes any difference. as the others have said, a bit of studding with a nut part way down it, will work just as well. You might have to Loctite the nut to the studding at the place you want it to stay, though.

Sponsored Links
I actually moved this thread to General Discussion - because there were no replies here at the time. For an update plus resolution see here.

Mods feel free to delete/merge this duplicate thread

Back