Whats this screw / bolt called? dropped it in the engine bay and need a replacement!

Sponsored Links
I’ve got a massive big bucket in work full of nuts and bolts of all sizes. I don't know where they came from…….
Remind me not to bring my car to you for a service.
Might come back with a few screws missing. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Remind me not to bring my car to you for a service.
Might come back with a few screws missing. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
lol. With many parts, you get new fitting bolts, clips, shims etc so I save the old ones. If I do a mates car I give them a plastic bag back with a few random bolts and tell them they were left over and I don’t know where they go but it seems to be working okay……. ;)

Do your cars ever get as far as a service, or do they get written off before they get the chance? ;)
Ouch! That hurt! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It still had 800 miles to go before its major service. I was going to book it in at the end of the month.

I just rang my local ford dealer, £1.39 for the actual part and they'll have it in by 15:00 this afternoon. So, I may as well buy it! In the actual part the whole piece is 'welded' together.

Thanks to @mcprinter for sharing this , so I could quote the part number directly to ford 1576137

I just rang my local ford dealer, £1.39 for the actual part and they'll have it in by 15:00 this afternoon. So, I may as well buy it! In the actual part the whole piece is 'welded' together.

Thanks to @mcprinter for sharing this , so I could quote the part number directly to ford 1576137
Cheap enough not to even think twice, but the "repair" you did is totally serviceable, I wouldn't even bother changing it.

But nothing wrong with doing so.

That's a bargain. Stuff like this is normally unreasonably expensive

wow - £1.39 - I havent found a dealer who even knows those numbers , most start with a 10 -

I had to get an LED for a running light for a Citroen pre-covid , dealer price £33 + vat - halfords £2.50 for 2 inc vat !!!!!

I’ve got a massive big bucket in work full of nuts and bolts of all sizes. I don't know where they came from…….
My bolt bucket actually came in handy today when I needed just one wheel nut.

B62B0F66-B60D-42A1-ACEB-F8AAAC4CEC25.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back