What's this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Quick question...what's the silver cabinet marked here?:

P1020392.jpg

I'm looking for a spot near to the front of my house to attach the front wall of my (soon to be ordered) lean-to concrete sectional workshop. Where the down spout is is the front corner of my house.

I'd like to put the front wall as for forward as possible to gain space, blocking in that silver cabinet looks like the option to get the most floor space. Is this related to the phone? What's in there? Will access ever be needed?

I remember one of these at the house I grew up in as a child. I can't remember anyone every going into it.

The house will have a Virgin Media Cable phone fitted soon anyway, so if it's a BT thing I don't mind.

Cheers chaps,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Looks like one of those inspection doors for flues on chimneys.

Seems unlikey due to the location.

Have you opened it?

It's not installed yet, the house was built in 1982 and cable tv came to the area around 1999. They tend to just run the cable from the kerb into the house through a hole in the wall. Good thinking though.

I wish I could get inside it, but last time I visited the house I didn't have my tools. (I've not moved in yet)

Geee - apart from the metal door in question, that pic looks exactly like my mum in laws house.

The service doors, same brickwork, same paint colours same gate too.

lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back