Wheeled minimix

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

The small mixers that come with wheels and a tripod (like a Belle minimix)... do you ever use them on the ground rather than on the tripod?

I've got some concrete to lay and was thinking about whether I could not have to barrow the concrete. Just mix and pour straight from the mixer into the trench/formwork.

Is that ever done? Or are the wheels just for moving around site?

Sponsored Links
You won't be able to push mixer easily with a full mix inside, you would need to have mixer beside where you want to pour, or use the stand to mix and pour into a barrow, most builders use them on their wheels rather than the stands.

It depends how close to the spot boards the mixer is. You can stop the mixer and take it out and straight onto the boards if close enough. That's only picking up with the shovel once. If using the barrow the stand is better.

Sponsored Links
What, turn the mix out onto the ground and then shovel into barrow or onto a spot? Doesn't sound efficient!
No, leave in mixer and take out what you need,stays fresher, stands do have there uses, but generally most builders do without.
You can bring the materials to where you want to pour, and tip concrete straight in.

Last edited:
I have never used the stand for mine, I've used for footings for raised beds and decking, and dry lean mix for paving.
, i just either set up by the formwork and tip or shovel out., Or for the dry mix, set up nearby, and tip onto an old piece of plywood, then use a shovel or trowel as necessary.
Pushing it around on the flat/smooth when full works alright but not for going over any bumps due to the fact there are two wheels and they are solid.

In general you want the fewest possible transitions of the material as possible, and especially transferring wet concrete is a risk for staining and making a mess.

Or are the wheels just for moving around site?
The wheels are solid, squat and not very nimble even when empty. Less difficult to drag than push. I'd love to watch someone manoeuvring one about with a full load - any chance of a vid?

It's 100x easier to have the mixer on the stand, tip into a barrow and move than to try and move the mixer when full. In fact, I'd say it is just about impossible to move a full mixer.

We only use the Belle for small jobs ie garden walls, sometimes alone and find it easier without the stand, on most jobs we use pre mix mortar or a diesel mixer, i also see most local builders do the same, but we do have a cheap local supply of mortar:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back